Saturday 11 May 2013

Welcome to my blog - A brief introduction.

Hello, and welcome to my blog.


About my projects.
I decided to start this blog to document some of my hacks, projects and experiments, past and future mostly for my own reference but also to share that information and hopefully inspire people to have a go for themselves. Please be aware that some of my projects use mains power or generate even higher voltages, possibly lethal without actual contact with live parts in some projects therefore I do not recommend anybody try some of the higher voltage projects without experience with high voltages and adequate safety equipment.  
All of my projects use recycled, scrounged or scavenged parts as much as possible, not only to keep costs down but using materials that would often end up in landfill.

My current projects.
I have two projects that I am working on at the moment, a solar air heater and a LED flower lamp. I am still awaiting parts for the LED lamp to arrive from China so I am working on the air heater at the moment.

Past projects.
Here are a few of my past projects that I'll have to revisit.

  • Simple high voltage generator.
  • H.V. Jacob's ladder.
  • Light emitting gherkins.
  • Hydrogen generator.
  • Microwave experiments.


Check back soon when I will be making a start on the solar air heater.
James.


No comments:

Post a Comment