The build commences...
After collecting the required amount of cans, 72 in my case, I made a start by cutting the bottoms out of the cans with a holesaw.
|Cans with the bottoms cut out.|
Once all the cans have had the bottoms cut out a decent bead of adhesive was run round the tops,
|All glued up.|
The cans are then stuck top to bottom to form tubes to the required length.
All 72 cans stuck together into tubes.
The view inside a tube.
Next I cut out a couple of bits of plywood and cut equally spaced holes to hold the cans these will act as headers to join all the tubes into one unit.
|Top and bottom headers.|
It was then all dry fitted together to check the fit and alignment.
|Top header dry fitted|
The headers have not been sealed to the tubes yet as the tubes will need a light sanding to provide a good key for the paint to stick to later, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the adhesive to properly cure before sanding.